• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

Feels like I'm beating a dead horse, but poop this pattern around and just after mid-January is so fooking favorable for snow in the south. Can't believe I'm saying this, but this pattern is so good that I'll actually be legitimately surprised this time around if it doesn't snow at some pt in the Jan 15-25 period for a majority of this board, details obviously remain to be seen. On a scale of 1-10 in terms of favorability, this planetary-scale pattern is at least a 9.

Keep in mind the GEFS has had a very strong warm bias this winter in the medium-extended range and it's already showing 5-day averaged 850mb temp anomalies of up to -3 to -4C in parts of the south in the 11-16.

I mean... just wow lol.

View attachment 62425

View attachment 62424

My secret obsession is coming on here and rereading Webb’s posts over and over again. Is that weird?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all the potential setting up nobody should get upset over snow maps more than 5 days out. I'm sure they will fill in for many areas once the cold is in place.

With all the potential setting up nobody should get upset over snow maps more than 5 days out. I'm sure they will fill in for many areas once the cold is in place.

You are absolutely right, we shouldn’t. But we will. Because that’s what we do. It should be a fun and wild ride. The table is set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I had anticipated yesterday’s runs more. After the trends with the warm nose, I’ve distanced myself from the weenie runs.
I believe he was speaking for those of us in the I-20 corridor who live and die by the Miller A or overrunning events. That low on the Euro run was a perfect track for us, but we have about a 100 mile margin of error before we get the screw job.

I believe he was speaking for those of us in the I-20 corridor who live and die by the Miller A or overrunning events. That low on the Euro run was a perfect track for us, but we have about a 100 mile margin of error before we get the screw job.
Oh yeah! That storm! I can see the anticipation for you western folks!

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_27.png
@s
Much better.

Back