• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

For NC as a whole, he is wrong.
November: 3% (17 total)
December: 18% (114 total)
January: 35% (221 total)
February: 29% (186 total)
March: 14% (70 total)
April: 1% (8 total)
Yeah this being total events does make sense. What makes February the snowiest in terms of amounts because it just seems that February has more 6in plus events and more 10in plus events in Charlotte as well

This isn’t a very cold pattern, but it’s not warm at all either View attachment 61903
I agree with you. I think if we can actually get at least 2 - 3 weeks of consistent 40's during the day and upper 20's to around 30 at night before the end of February, I think we have a good shot at scoring a decent winter storm. Like @Rain Cold and others have said, this isn't the snowiest of patterns, but at least we have a chance at something this winter with this pattern.

I agree with you. I think if we can actually get at least 2 - 3 weeks of consistent 40's during the day and upper 20's to around 30 at night before the end of February, I think we have a good shot at scoring a decent winter storm. Like @Rain Cold and others have said, this isn't the snowiest of patterns, but at least we have a chance at something this winter with this pattern.
At least with a pattern like this if a threat does come up, we don’t have to hear about warm ground temps

Dang! The GFS parallel pumps a huge ridge north of Alaska! That would definitely push down Vodka cold!

If we can lock in a -AO west based NAO for most of Jan, game on. Still somewhat chaotic vs a stable omega type, we have no less than 3 systems to track over the next 10-14 days, precip is and will be there, can tracks align with boarder-line thermals. I don’t see KU potential yet, maybe breakdown late month.

Back