• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

850’s are solid even down into upstate SC but that’s not even half the battle. I don’t like this one. It’s a pity because these weak waves provide us an opportunity for an all snow event..but I just don’t think we’ve got all the pieces here. It reminds me of a January 2011 track but with insufficient cold. It’s a shame

View attachment 32247
sounding isn’t bad if we can get some heavier rates overhead.
I think getting heavier rates is ultimately going to be the deciding factor. This reminds me a bit of March 2017. I remember then seeing temperatures in the lower 50s the day before and not believing there was anyway the models I was looking at were correct that we’re giving me 1-3 inches. That system came in late at night/very early morning and what started as a 39 degree drizzle changed very quickly to a 32-33 heavy wet snow that put down close to 3 inches in MBY. It can only be good that models are right now trying to bring this in at the coldest time of the day

Overall didn’t like what I saw with 0z. Time is ticking and cmc went from light snow accumulations to none for Thursday here. Maybe it will come back north. Need king euro to save us or I’m ready to throw in the towel for Thursday system.

Overall didn’t like what I saw with 0z. Time is ticking and cmc went from light snow accumulations to none for Thursday here. Maybe it will come back north. Need king euro to save us or I’m ready to throw in the towel for Thursday system.
Can't do that after one model run man.

Well the HRRR has been consistent in popping some big time storms over the Charlotte area moving south eastward into SC ... what would these storms entail??

Back