• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

yep, the GFS would have supported snow there if it were to come out like what I saw from the ICON with heavy precip getting over there. 850s are there and it wouldn't take a lot.
Yeah. With a track like that, climo would win for many areas. Especially those with elevation. We just don’t want that Low to tug inland with already marginal 850’s. Verbatim, I would take my chances with this one

The potential is there for a HECS event but need to see some favorable trends SOON. Below is the CMC, it would not take much of a location error to thump NC with wind and 6-12”+. DFE9E712-3212-4DE9-AB72-60D114EA752A.jpeg

The potential is there for a HECS event but need to see some favorable trends SOON. Below is the CMC, it would not take much of a location error to thump NC with wind and 6-12”+. View attachment 32023
The CMC focuses on a different, earlier storm, same one it had winter weather in NC at 0Z last night. It pushes the GFS storm east and OTS

Could the upstate get in on the action as well
Yes. Signal is there for a strong storm to rule anyone out. This isn’t the typical light event pattern...the STJ has been and continues to show signs of producing strong storms for the s/e.

The reality is a few tweaks can get us a solid mountain or upper south event. Us I-20 folks need an alignment of the stars and a consistent signal. As it stands right now we’ve got little to hang out hats on through the first quarter of February. Beyond that is anyone’s guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reality is a few tweaks can get us a solid mountain or upper south event. Us I-20 folks need an alignment of the stars and a consistent signal. As it stands right now we’ve got little to hang out hats on through the first quarter of February. Beyond that is anyone’s guess.

I20 will have to wait and hope like all hell we can score in Feb . Thank god the TN and NC mountains are far away . Traveling might be our best bet this year

I20 will have to wait and hope like all hell we can score in Feb . Thank god the TN and NC mountains are far away . Traveling might be our best bet this year

I think outside of the mountains the rest of us, as far as January is concerned, might as well go ahead, and snap the ball, take a knee, and head to the locker room, and hope February has Mahomes as QB.

Euro 12z yesterday vs 12z today ... same time .. sneaky little system .. looks like a similar position as the Gfs .. have to watch trends but this one probably skirts south

Attachments

• B1A99D6B-9B64-47D6-904C-DE79FC66D9C3.jpeg
    B1A99D6B-9B64-47D6-904C-DE79FC66D9C3.jpeg
    661.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 6045B8A6-18F5-4FFB-AE5D-EC9DFEEC11B2.jpeg
    6045B8A6-18F5-4FFB-AE5D-EC9DFEEC11B2.jpeg
    661.2 KB · Views: 55
I love the faith but it’s hard to see anything promising for the I-20 folks. We need to see some block and cold air in place. The MJO looks bad LR and the PV isn’t helping.

We had to wait forever on 2015 watching TN get rocked for two weeks but it paid off IMBY and I think that was the last few days of February.

Back