• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

I would wager against the ICON. Temps too warm I doubt we go from 40s rain to 33 snow. Poss but any unfavorable track trend would even be cold rain in Boone NC.

Maybe a Norfolk special this run based on what I’m seeing. Most of the mid-Atlantic misses out. Probably will hit the northeast.

I would wager against the ICON. Temps too warm I doubt we go from 40s rain to 33 snow. Poss but any unfavorable track trend would even be cold rain in Boone NC.
ICON is definitely warm biased with surface temperatures ... we just need things to cool down a BIT and a big snowstorm for many .. I think we definitely have some good wiggle room for this to happen

ICON is definitely warm biased with surface temperatures ... we just need things to cool down a BIT and a big snowstorm for many .. I think we definitely have some good wiggle room for this to happen
Need the GFS to trend 10 degrees cooler within 150hrs. Icon or not, the setup is there for a cold rain event too for the majority East of the mtns.

Back