• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

With a dominant pacific flow you can want the low to be where you want it. It’s not going to play along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take it fwiw but the CMC has snow in less than a week for NC and parts of the upstate. We'll see if the upgrade has it looking better, but it's handling the energy differently from the Euro/GFS lately from what I see. Has the initial southern wave moving faster than them I'm pretty sure.

Edit: alright I may actually be wrong, it's been a long day for me. Looks like it just likes the earlier wave better. ICON might as well.

Take it fwiw but the CMC has snow in less than a week for NC and parts of the upstate. We'll see if the upgrade has it looking better, but it's handling the energy differently from the Euro/GFS lately from what I see. Has the initial southern wave moving faster than them I'm pretty sure.

Edit: alright I may actually be wrong, it's been a long day for me. Looks like it just likes the earlier wave better. ICON might as well.
28464975-C937-40D7-A3D0-8466EED875C5.png

Ill sleep well with the 0z icon and cmc. Check euro in the morn. No need to sweat the model in last place now a week out. More trends and changes to come. Icon is very similar to its 12z placements

Yeah that'd be a really nice hit if it were to come true, problem is while this wave does exist on everything else, I just backchecked and this wave is weaker or gets overtaken on other models.

Wintry would be supported here if the GFS didn't have a weaker and more stretched out wave that was suppressed.

This is an interesting deal .. if u look at the run previous is has a totally different look and this recent run looks telling for a winter storm for SC NC ... would be interesting to see euro and all the ensembles

ALSO fwiw the GEFS also are picking out this storm that the CMC is showing .. most of our winter storms pop up as we get close

Back