• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

Quite a good run for NW of the I-85 corridor. Looks like a legit chance within 10 days and another potential in the 14 day time period. The city charts could be fun in a little while.

I didn't look much at the 0z EPS after I saw the warmer "trend" being hoisted up everywhere but the 12z EPS run looked solid through the end of the run. This is going to suck if this goes to pot early Feb but this is what we are hoping for.

After the day 7-8 potential this is how day 10+ evolves on the EPS. Looks really solid.

View attachment 31946
I like the look of that trough over AK weakening and the ridging starting to build up towards AK. Even if it is long-range looks very solid like you said.

After the day 7-8 potential this is how day 10+ evolves on the EPS. Looks really solid.

View attachment 31946

Big phaser wavebreaks and allows a favorable Atlantic/nuetral to -NAO, bring on the big apps runner phaser, I’ll take it for a better pattern

Does the JMA go out to 200 -240? Anyone checked it? Ukmet is 120 I beleive.

Yeah, that would suck but would be better than no threats at all for anyone. Just ready for someone to get on the scoreboard.

Can't go wrong with that sentiment, if I feel so inclined (& works out w/ my schedule), I'd be more than willing to drive a few hours to see a little snow

The 12z GEFS mean, still showing the low remaining down in the Gulf and not cutting like the 12z GFS OP. This is valid next Saturday AM. (Do you go back 5 hours or 6 hours? I just want to be sure.)

GEFSUS_prec_meanprec_192.png

EPS coming in quite a bit colder. How long before the usual Debbie's comes pick this apart.

This is the delta from previous run

View attachment 31943
Not seeing any -PNA there. Hug
*Insert your favorite mid-late winer +ENSO beefy miller A/"piedmont gradient" snowstorm here*

Major heartbreak seems harder than usual to avoid in a pattern like this if you're in RDU.

View attachment 31947

View attachment 31951
View attachment 31949

View attachment 31948

View attachment 31950
looks like a prime weekend to hit the slopes..

EPS coming in quite a bit colder. How long before the usual Debbie's comes pick this apart.

This is the delta from previous run

View attachment 31943
I'll hold off on picking it apart. Lol if it was the GEFS I wouldn't let it go. It looks ok and I like the look. Just hoping we don't get burned. There have been some hints of a SSWE showing up finally too.

Back