• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

I’m 100 percent pulling for a massive phase that runs inland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Night and day differences this run...I figured it would...if the euro doesn't drag its heels on the southern piece, then its going to be a big phaser. This run, not so much.

I hate to be the one to temper the excitement, but like the CMC, the EURO sets up for the western trough at the end of the run. Could be transitory--or could be a repeat of the winter so far. Time will tell but there's nothing over the top here to suggest sustained cold in the east.

ecmwf_z500_mslp_nhem_11.png

I hate to be the one to temper the excitement, but like the CMC, the EURO sets up for the western trough at the end of the run. Could be transitory--or could be a repeat of the winter so far. Time will tell but there's nothing over the top here to suggest sustained cold in the east.

ecmwf_z500_mslp_nhem_11.png

Get this out my face ?, that ugly suppressed ridge south of AK and a -PNA, looks transient tho based off this image

Back