• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

I think we have to have that low bomb out a lot stronger but maintain the track, that would definitely help cool the boundary layers.

One thing is for certain ... I can’t find one model that’s heading in any direction of warmth heading into February ... it’s actually looks fairly cold lol ... AN winter may be in jeopardy ??
AN winter is all but a lock at this point..but maybe we can scrap something together to get what we’re all here for ❄️

As y’all have said, the changes in the 0z euro vs 12z run are laughable. Lol. This 1st system, mid next week, has some potential. I think there might be another one late next week also.

I love pivotal weather but it’s difficult uploading images here sometimes because file size to large. Lol

As y’all have said, the changes in the 0z euro vs 12z run are laughable. Lol. This 1st system, mid next week, has some potential. I think there might be another one late next week also.

I love pivotal weather but it’s difficult uploading images here sometimes because file size to large. Lol

I just SS and crop it to a minimum, and if that doesn’t work I SS the pic Again and somehow it takes up less

One thing is for certain ... I can’t find one model that’s heading in any direction of warmth heading into February ... it’s actually looks fairly cold lol ... AN winter may be in jeopardy ??

There's no way that AN winter (DJF) is in jeopardy. It is about as much as lock as it can possibly be on 1/23. Do the math.

If we dropped enough melting snow into that we might be able to cool that 925 layer to 0
We need rates. Storm needs to be stronger and those temps need to be quite a bit over modeled, or it's going to be "hey did..was..hey, was..did I..I think I just saw a flake mixed in with all that rain"!?!! Not trying to be a debbie downer, but this is really long shot.

There's no way that AN winter (DJF) is in jeopardy. It is about as much as lock as it can possibly be on 1/23. Do the math.
Correct. However I've been going with -1 the last 42 days of met winter at GSO. Thats doable. sitting at -4.6 so far. But to the point Dec, Jan will be so much +, that it would take like a -10 or greater Feb to pull it back down for the whole 90 day period. That aint happening as you stated. Just glad we salvaged the 2cnd half even if its normal or slightly BN. Hopefully we all can sneak in a accumulating event to save face. Before the gnats and 70 DP's return for 6 months.

There's a little noise on the EPS for the I-85 corridor. Maybe someone can post the members when they are available.

GSP has issued winter weather advisories. Waiting on Blacksburg. Mostly an escarpment event but hoping for a pellet of sleet.

Back