• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

So, I see the GFS has brought back the storm it was showing a week ago. Now it's showing it coming in a little later. The GIF I added was from the 18z run on Wednesday, Jan 15th. We have 10 days to real this one in!
Edit: What I'm saying is, I think this is how it's going to pan out from what it was showing a week ago.
45fddee86d45503942c6a96145bd7d02.gif

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Need it track off shore about 100 miles for my area.

Need it track off shore about 100 miles for my area.
I mean it probably won't turn out exactly like what that run showed. Of course, there would be some differences. Overall though, I think that's how it would turn out for track of low and placement of snowfall. I did save the snowfall output from that run as well. (I'll post that in the Whamby.)

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Gfs has been consistent with next Fridays system for several runs now. It's definitely what I like to see at this range. Don't get caught up in the details till we get closer but the potential is defenatly there. This is the GFS wheelhouse for picking up systems too imho from watching models this season.

Verbatim, wasn't a whole lot of moisture w/ it on this run because there's a lot of synoptic-scale sinking on that backside of the cold front behind the low over Maine but it's definitely closer to something.

View attachment 31719
Not a big winter weather storm threat, but I guess it could trend to one of those storms with some initial slop before changeover if it can drag enough moisture north.

Back