• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

If I see one more “strat PV is gonna end our winter” post on Twitter one more time, ima go insane

The same people were saying the PV was strong and on the other side of the hemisphere, so it won’t be cold...little did they know there was a small disruption and elongation which has brought cold temperatures this week. Literally these same people though this week would torch.

There’s a LOT we don’t know about PV influences over North America. A lot we have yet to figure out. These “hot takes” of 300+ hour 10hpa GEFS progs are a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same people were saying the PV was strong and on the other side of the hemisphere, so it won’t be cold...little did they know there was a small disruption and elongation which has brought cold temperatures this week. Literally these same people though this week would torch.

There’s a LOT we don’t know about PV influences over North America. A lot we have yet to figure out. These “hot takes” of 300+ hour 10hpa GEFS progs are a joke.

I’ve seen 384 hour Strat PV maps from the GFS being taken seriously, lol

The day he was talking about the TPV and calling it the SPV or vice versa is when I stopped taking that account seriously. He ends up being “right” because other drivers of the warm pattern are doing his work.

Not surprisingly, Bamwx unfollowed me after I called them out on their bs regarding the SPV.

Absolutely mystifies me how certain people with no meteorology degrees can start a website, a couple computer monitors, and a Twitter can be a "million dollar business."

Need monitors ? I’ve got 6 43 inch TVs I bought at an auction brand new in the box . We could go to toe with the best of them . We have crazy ass smart Mets on here and people that are not Mets that would run circles around some of the BS Twitter “ companies “

Need monitors ? I’ve got 6 43 inch TVs I bought at an auction brand new in the box . We could go to toe with the best of them . We have crazy ass smart Mets on here and people that are not Mets that would run circles around some of the BS Twitter “ companies “

Let me contact some of my MLB associates and get us on with the Atlanta Braves,
let me call some stock websites and get some press release type articles speaking of us in good light,
and let me install Wordpress and install a payment gateway.

Then I'll be ready to take a selfie by 3 computer monitors with SimuAWIPS loaded in the background. BRB

@chipper_jones -- i need your assistance good sir.

You know my address

Here’s early Friday looks interesting. I’ve also been looking in the CAD areas of NC/SC for Friday morning with weather models NCEP model blends and temps look to be around 20-30 at this systems onset. This system could be a bit of a shock if temps were to verify that low.
441E7891-E611-458C-94E0-14F7E61DB840.jpeg
E45A299A-5ADB-41DC-94B5-7609B1EE01E3.jpeg
01260044-ED7E-45CD-B407-0903405ED004.jpeg
A1BE0064-5D2C-46F9-8CB1-38E795E0ED6C.jpeg

Here’s early Friday looks interesting. I’ve also been looking in the CAD areas of NC/SC for Friday morning with weather models NCEP model blends and temps look to be around 20-30 at this systems onset. This system could be a bit of a shock if temps were to verify that low.
View attachment 31586
View attachment 31587
Each model run of the gfs has been increasing the chance for onset snow for MS/AL. Euro also agrees with a light painting in MS

sn10_acc.us_se.png
Euro

GFS slightly less enthused with the NW flow for the mountains behind the front next weekend..too early to call it, but for now I’m out..

edit: what do you even call that? wraparound? NW flow? I feel like there’s some gray area there

Back