• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

Folks, the models are firing warning shots. The only thing we can say today is that there will be a favorable period for a winter storm before the end of the month. Still a lot of things to be sorted out, but I like seeing fantasy storms showing up. I counted 14/20 GFS ensembles giving mby some sort of winter weather before the 31st. Far cry from the pattern we are in right now.

Did anyone post the GFS ensembles or did I miss it?

What a pattern if the euro control run is right...storm after storm after storm just dropping down and rolling across..

I guess we just have to be patient. Had to get through the noise on the models with the mirage storms, but in a way they could have been setting off the alarms for what's to come.

Check out the snow showers in the gulf lol
icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_45.png

Do you think we will hit the snowfall average?

Yes, even as putrid as this pattern has been and given the fact It usually takes 2 solid hits for us to hit climo snowfall wise.
Several times weve hit climo with one whopper and unfortunately we always deal with mixing issues during our storms more times than not, thanks to warm noses.
Im confident because all winter and going forward its a slam dunk given the moisture is gonna keep coming every 3 to 5 days minimum.
What weve been waiting on is the cold. Even if it takes 24 to 48 hr lapses thanks to the progressive pattern, we dont have to have vodka cold wall to wall to see snow in our area. Its just a matter of sitting back now, starting Friday and watching for the 2 players to time it out, show up together.

Check out the snow showers in the gulf lol
icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_45.png
I think this first storm will show us that we can’t count on the northwest trend that much the rest of winter or we should be cautious about assuming we get a north west trend ...

In other terms this image shows how cold it’s really about to get which will definitely get everyone back in the wInter shock mood .. this cold air doesn’t like moving so it gives more credibility to the potential CAD event with the storm after it ... we nail that CAD event we can bet positive trends will continue for the board wide storm thereafter

I think this first storm will show us that we can’t count on the northwest trend that much the rest of winter or we should be cautious about assuming we get a north west trend ...

In other terms this image shows how cold it’s really about to get which will definitely get everyone back in the wInter shock mood .. this cold air doesn’t like moving so it gives more credibility to the potential CAD event with the storm after it ... we nail that CAD event we can bet positive trends will continue for the board wide storm thereafter

Yep, like last years failed coastal, but aye I’ll take the confluence from that trough that tries to develop a coastal for a miller B, since it’s the only storm we seem to get that does sum

Back