• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

Models always under do CAD we will see if the GEFS support but we have been seeing several members with a good cad storm just hasn’t shown up on an operational ... this is key

Big piece of energy west of the Baja at hr 276, I know this will change many times, but the STJ game is strong.
7e049e9b15567b6aa3fa3d70d14671ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately there's just enough weak ridging to have the LP from that fantasy system run inland, but there are areas getting pounded with heavy snow in the western SE.

That my friends is an intense snow band over NC. however over 300 hours out and it will be completely different on the next run. But nice to see for now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200115-180104.png
    Screenshot_20200115-180104.png
    872.8 KB · Views: 67
The EPS had this same look in the same timeframe. That would be a near board wide dream storm.
The biggest increase in the ensemble members was around this same time frame. Maybe it will verify.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

I like what I’m seeing on GFS/EURO ensembles. Get the cold starting this weekend and the dice starts rolling MULTIPLE times for winter storms. I’m starting to sound like a broken record but when parts of the Appalachian Mountains go below zero degrees I highly DOUBT it’s gonna be rain with future systems. With that said we got to get to this Friday first to start the new cold pattern and see how things look then.

Back