• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure why he really posted that when we are not expecting snow over the next 5 to 7 days. It would make more sense for him to post this 5 days from now when chances go UP but by then he will be focused on other regions or politics so..

Dude, the Pacific just doesn't want to play. I shouldn't have said anything about Texas snow because that wave that was originally producing there that just gets overtaken by a fairly strong Pacific wave that's just been trending stronger and stronger, then by the time it heads east, the cold that was in place is moderating a ton.

Next week might just be following to see if the eastern Carolinas get snow.

Edit: This actually works initially in Tennessee for snow though, but it's oddly with a cutter.

That actually is a nice little storm given that it has a cutting low...decent thump of snow in parts of Tennessee and icing in CAD areas to start out.

But you can still feel the target moving a bit, if the snow in Texas through the southeast was going to work out, it would have a day earlier from what I remember. This is another wave that seemingly overtakes it, that stronger pacific wave...blah that worries me.

You can also see why because it’s quicker and catching up to the cold dry air mass at the surface from prior days. More snow chance..if moisture is there any lull would send it over to mix or ice like this run shows. Interesting.

That actually is a nice little storm given that it has a cutting low...decent thump of snow in parts of Tennessee and icing in CAD areas to start out.

But you can still feel the target moving a bit, if the snow in Texas through the southeast was going to work out, it would have a day earlier from what I remember. This is another wave that seemingly overtakes it, that stronger pacific wave...blah that worries me.
Yeah that was an encouraging run. If we could speed it up and keep that exact low placement it may work

Anymore quicker solutions would thump snow over western NC before ice takes over.

Meh no consistency run to run with GFS. Shocking I know. Makes it hard to pin down any threat if there is one
GFS is very consistent on the cold temps prior. Meaning whatever falls next is likely to refreeze before reaching the surface. I know too far out but it’s very promising we have the cold temps in place just prior.

Back