• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2017 Discussion

Hoping the cold will be stronger than currently modeled. Would love to see the threat shift south some, but at least we have something to track. Going to be an interesting few days.

The western portions of the South always seem to have an easier time getting snow. Eastern parts of the South have to depend on CAD for any hope.

Re: January 2017 Discussion

Storm5 link said:
12z gfs is a big winter storm from Dallas through northern LA , Arkansas northern mississippi , Tenn and Northern NC

big ice issues for mississippi and northern alabama this run
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Not cold enough here. Crazy how places further south get a big storm and it's rain here.

Storm5 link said:
12z gfs is a big winter storm from Dallas through northern LA , Arkansas northern mississippi , Tenn and Northern NC

how is it looking for Birmingham ?

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock into any OP run GFS or Euro right now. Let's see how the Ensembles look.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

SoutheastRidge link said:
[quote author=Storm5 link=topic=60.msg4294#msg4294 date=1483029531]

[/quote]
wet until the very end

SoutheastRidge link said:

[/quote]

I think rain turning into alittle snow..

much of this is ice in alabama and mississippi
2925e831e369f78a1440aa12eacf0e37.jpg

We need the ensembles to be colder!

that run was just a few degrees off from being huge for many

It looks good if you're in the mid south and more the western portions. There's work to be done in the eastern portions though, what's really actually needed is....for the first wave to get sheared out a bit so the second wave can come in cleanly, and then it could be a nice snow/winter storm event.

On what I saw earlier, the second wave tries to come in anyway but it's suppressed and not as strong. If that portion were to actually pan out it could result in a light snow event in the midlands in South Carolina and some parts of Georgia, but it results in nothing for North Carolina.

Still too far out for details, can't wait until tonight's runs. Very close to a big winter storm MS, AL also. I bet the gefs will look good

One would assume the GEFS will look good and put many other places further East in play.

Brick Tamland link said:

Not cold enough here. Crazy how places further south get a big storm and it's rain here.
[/quote]

Well they are SW of us not due south and I'll take it at this point....  I could see this trending a tick colder and pushing the freezing line a touch further south.  The clown map is insane for southern Va (of course some of that is ip not all sn) but it's a fine line for us no doubt.  Good thing is it did not go poof

12z cmc has 40s and 50s next Friday and Saturday .....woot

Close for some ice here. Maybe the ensembles and Euro will be better. Still plenty of time to go.

Personally I need this shift 50 miles north or 50 miles south b/c verbatim this run that's a crippling ice storm imby as well as the northern tier of NC counties

Back