• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 14-16th storm potential.

Already 30 degrees here in Blacksburg which RGEM had us with 37 by this point. That explains why it shows rain at a couple points in the day tomorrow. I expect it to be wrong on that front now! Should be a nearly all snow event here.

Already 30 degrees here in Blacksburg which RGEM had us with 37 by this point. That explains why it shows rain at a couple points in the day tomorrow. I expect it to be wrong on that front now! Should be a nearly all snow event here.
18z RGEM showed nothing but rain here tomorrow. I noticed most all 18z models runs ticked north just enough to about take me completely out of the snow. lol 47 here atm

Current wet bulb

bulb.21.NC-large.png

Sounds like NWS Atlanta expanding the alerts in Georgia a bit: Update from @NWSAtlanta.... "Given the latest guidance, the Advisory and WSW have been expanded. The Winter Storm Warning now includes Whitfield, Murray, and Fannin Counties. The Advisory now includes Cherokee, Dawson, Lumpkin, and White counties." - From Atlanta News First meteorologist Cutter Martin’s Twitter feed.

Looks like FFC added a few more counties to each category.

View attachment 142326
I haven’t really been looking at any models in depth but I’m not seeing it. It is cooling off pretty quickly now though. Maybe they’re worried about drizzle and low to mid 20s.

I haven’t really been looking at any models in depth but I’m not seeing it. It is cooling off pretty quickly. Maybe they’re worried about drizzle and low to mid 20s.
Yeah, its more Monday night into Tuesday morning. If the models are to be believed, our area and southeast will be 50 to 60 tomorrow afternoon.

Am I missing something here? I’ve considered my area to pretty much be out of this since Thursday- curious as to what the logic is for this
The concern is ice. Not a lot of ice maps being posted. B
I haven’t really been looking at any models in depth but I’m not seeing it. It is cooling off pretty quickly now though. Maybe they’re worried about drizzle and low to mid 20s.
I have been watching all day they are adding more as ice models come in It started 5 counties away from me and now it's just Carroll county from me. Something FFC is famous for.

Back