• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 14-16th storm potential.

I still can’t get over the difference in the short term high res models and the globals. Every short term high res plasters Nashville while the globals have us on the outer edge of the heaviest precipitation. Going to be a fun one to see who wins regardless. This one has huge excitement surprises for some and major disappointment for others.

I still can’t get over the difference in the short term high res models and the globals. Every short term high res plasters Nashville while the globals have us on the outer edge of the heaviest precipitation. Going to be a fun one to see who wins regardless. This one has huge excitement surprises for some and major disappointment for others.
Thats the way they always are around here

For sure on the surprises. I don’t know if I ever remember the short and long term models being this much at war though this close to go time. At least for my area anyways.
Ive seen it before.. same type overruning band.. ive seen hi rez come in b4 and have the band over my area but globals being stubborn on a solution they had for a couple days.. i get excited thinking hi rez has it only for them to trend towards the globals with time

Good thing it is the nam. I got my chips in with a blend of the the euro and SREF.
NAM has done really well with placement of precip this winter. Especially long range, but short range as well. Globals had to play catch up on both my events! GFS had kicked out 23” totals for some places 2 days out, was closer to 10” verification

To be fair the high res are at the extended range . So we will see

To be fair the high res are at the extended range . So we will see
Thats what i feel.. they have time to shift.. honestly i feel hi rez is good for details after all the ingredients come together but globals are better at how they come together

IMG_8008.jpeg
I’ll take my 1-2 in bburg. Interesting they are going <1 for the entire southern region. Shows how uncertain they are

Back