• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

January 11th-12th Southern Slider

ashame this thing aint juicier, 8 hours faster. Very cold frigid night coming up here. Ideal radiational cooling is under way now that the sun has set.

yes, I've seen them wait many times until it's already happening, already having accumulation and problems, to issue one

Hey SL! Long time no speak! I see a lot of you TW alums on here! Hope all of you are well! I’m liking what I’m seeing with the models and ground truth already. I’m sort of shocked, usually the models go the other way for these storms. The southern trend is a surprise too but I don’t want it to short you North Alabama guys off from it!

These hrrr runs has been solid on the heavier snow in south central MS
HRRRSE_prec_snow_016.png

Looks like portions of alabama may never see the changeover to rain lol. Also wondering wether temperatures will actually make it into the upper 30s in central alabama. During the day, I'm kinda betting on it in the mid 30sScreenshot_20210110-172859.png

What exactly is the criteria for issuing a WWA in Central AL ? Kinda surprised to see a WWA for less than 1/2" of snow.

I’d caution y’all about the HRRR, don’t get burned now, it can definitely be to cold at times, I wouldn’t bet on this being all snow, probably gonna be sleet/rain in this, Learned this the hard way in NC a few days ago, these soundings are all or nothing already, I’d keep expectations to a bare minimum 3CBAF265-EA30-46CF-AD37-005AC94FFD27.png78962A2A-16B9-47E8-B605-7746BB15B134.png43D5AEA5-54B2-4022-8DEA-2C68B5FC18FF.png

Back