• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

January 11th-12th Southern Slider

The way the Hrrrrrrrrrrrr looks, looks like it could do well in Alabama "West side" I'm literally like 2 degrees from a WS. Could we bust?

Ripping snow in Waco right now this is just wow and in the middle of the day!!!!

IMG-20210110-123707243.jpg

I'm in the snow/sleet forecast for tonight and Tomorrow morning.

Personally I think it'll dry out just by looking at the H5 maps and the frontogenesis maps as well. Once it makes it to AL the moisture train gets shut off due to flattening and condensing of the wave. In its current state it's able to pull moisture far north but with a look like this you are not going to get a huge pull if any for moisture.
nam3km_z500_vort_seus_40.png

That's actually a favorable 500 vort map for precip in N AL, the added CVA will superimpose onto WAA to enhance the potential for precipitation in Alabama. Mid-level southwesterly flow like that is also conducive to moisture advection. The models as usual are just not handling it properly as we're seeing atm in North Texas. It's rarely if ever a good idea to bet against overrunning & warm advection

Back