• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 27-28 Snow Potential Official Thread

The water in the lake is warmer and I believe that cuts down on totals near the lake. Places around the Pasquotank River in Pasquotank and Camden Counties (NC) have the same thing occur during snows unless the air temperature is super low and the snowfall is heavy.
Thanks, I've always suspected that was the case as it seems to make sense, but I wasnt sure if it could actually make a difference or not.

Ended up with around 1.4” in west Cary. I’d give the storm an A- here. Totals weren’t surprising, basically ended up with what NWS and many of yall were forecasting. The heavy rates and thundersnow easily bump the grade up. Not often do I hear two rumbles of thunder in one snowstorm!

Picked up about .5 inches in Roanoke. We missed the main precip just to our south unfortunately. Although the roads are very very icy.

What part of Roanoke are you in? I live in the Cave Spring area and we picked up around 2 1/2 inches here. Roads were snow covered as well.

one of the fastest changeovers ever for me.It was raining and around 2am I started hearing pingers on the window. It was pretty loud and then 8 minutes later it got quiet and it was all snow. Thats 8 minutes!!
Yep that’s what happened here yesterday. Only got maybe a half inch but some very heavy snowfall with temps well above freezing at onset. It was 3pm in the afternoon but if at night would have definitely picked up a little more.

The vets office by my house. Had to run and get heartworm preventative. Beautiful back there.
556d6ec85b20bc6ccbd5448a92457f01.jpg

Back