• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 27-28 Snow Potential Official Thread

45 degrees here. I’ve got a pot of coffee going and firewood stacked in the garage. Ready for the snow. The anticipation is killing me.
There's an unimpressed pajama boy meme over in the whamby thread, consider it a response to this post too ?

Update from Greg Fishel.

12:25AM Update

Doppler radar confirms that the snow level is lowering rapidly, and the changeover to snow should occur in the Triangle within the next hour. Since this is such a quick hit, any delay in the transition to snow will cut back on the snow accumulations, but at least at this moment, I still feel good about the 2-4" projection. Another Facebook live coming up at 1:15AM with radar, satellite, surface observations, and anything else I can get my hands on!

Went to bed at 10:30, just woke up and still seems to be all rain. Hope we get a transition soon, this is around the time the modeling had MBY transitioning, I think....

Thinking of snoozing for another half hour and then checking in again.

Back