• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

12z NAM.

snku_acc.us_se.png
We really need that SW trend to continue. I think you’re in good shape up your way tho. ITP probably a few flakes as usual but still clinging to hope. The cutoff gradient is brutal.

Starting to notice the HRRR slighty slow/strengthen the northern stream energy/confluence around the Great Lakes
This could definitely help put more of NC in the game. Also, looking at these thunderstorms that the HRRR is showing in the 3-5am timeframe for CLT, I can’t help but wonder if those could aid in cooling the column more quickly before that deform band rolls through

This could definitely help put more of NC in the game. Also, looking at these thunderstorms that the HRRR is showing in the 3-5am timeframe for CLT, I can’t help but wonder if those could aid in cooling the column more quickly before that deform band rolls through
And/or some impressive hail/graupel p-types.

Possibly and if not there could legitimately be some hail with these thunderstorms, steep mid level lapse rates (7C) and cool mid level temps could do the trick

I was thinking all the consistent trends for amped and further NW had to stop eventually and at least maybe a slight correction towards go time .. think it has saved some of us in NC from a very unhappy Monday

Back