• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

Opted out of the Cashiers chase due to the high winds..sketch between her and there!

Hmmm

Attachments

• KGSP - Super-Res Correlation Coefficient 1, 5_03 AM.png
    KGSP - Super-Res Correlation Coefficient 1, 5_03 AM.png
    624.6 KB · Views: 33
Storms just went Through Wind Gust of 32 and 50° Here in Northern part of upstate. And we are currently without power

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

I'v been up about 90 min. Heavy rain and some sleet woke me up. Temp has dropped from 41 to 37 but I can't say I have seen any flakes yet. Wasting good water though.

Got about 1.5 accumulation at the City; but will probably all melt today with highs expected to be about 40. Gonna enjoy it while it lasts. :)

Gust are quite strong here in Roebuck winds are constantly gusting to 40+ and my rain gauge is reading 2.49in in the last few hours. Temps gone down about 4 degrees in the last 20 minutes. Been a long time since I’ve seen somethin like this.

I'v been up about 90 min. Heavy rain and some sleet woke me up. Temp has dropped from 41 to 37 but I can't say I have seen any flakes yet. Wasting good water though.
Yup nothing here just yet. We are really close though

Temps sliding fast down to 44. May see some mixing before its done.
It's puking snow in highlands and cashiers per webcams!

Roanoke always takes the longest to changeover. Not to mention we are about to dry slotted for a bit

Back