• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

I have to say this storm has overperformed for me here in Anderson. And boy we were due for a good one. I would say there’s about 3 inches or so in my yard but it is very compacted. It was probably more like 5-6 inches before the ice took it down. Roads where I live are completely covered. My work thinks a two hour delay will get the job done tomorrow....I don’t think so.

Ps. Can we do it again Friday?

Amazing. There was more snow on Flagg Mt. in Coosa County AL this morning than on Mt. Cheaha. Mt Cheaha only had snow on the top of the ridges. Glad we made a detour South before heading North. Both were enjoyable but I was really hopeing for more on Mt. Cheaha.

Very light flurries and these bands look great. Someone will get a bonus 1 inch of snow in the GSP metro with them.

This storm just keep producing, Its been a beast..I mean the tails from it is still wreaking havoc in Cuba and it’s still producing and filling back in to Atlanta up I85 to the upstate into Charlotte..Beast

That band I just mentioned? Yep, good-sized flakes falling here now at a pretty good clip. Might be able to bump up the accumulation total a bit, and definitely will only make the roads worse as we're sitting at 31 degrees.

--30--

Back