• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

There has to be some residual lift as the low bombs out. Typically for us we get slotted on the transfer. This storm has been unique for sure.
This looks like another incoming over performer. CAMs had this drying up as it passed the SC/GA border, it’s picking up as it heads this way, Brad is sold on a heavy burst of snow as well View attachment 106909

We didn’t go full ZR until 1:45-2PM. Still sitting at 32 here as well.

If you ever buy a house in Durham County and want a good zip code for snow, 27712 is it!
Haha, I think I definitely might look towards north Durham when I buy a house! Nice to be up there near Eno, too! Definitely noticed a difference between here and there with the storms I’ve experienced since moving here!

I may have spoke to soon, it looks like these bands are coming south.

View attachment 106916
Correct me if I am wrong, but this looks like it could drop a few inches, no?
Coming down pretty good in Rome.

Haha, I think I definitely might look towards north Durham when I buy a house! Nice to be up there near Eno, too! Definitely noticed a difference between here and there with the storms I’ve experienced since moving here!
Every storm I’ve experienced since we bought, we had way more snow/sleet than the city.

And yes, we’re close to the state park, the turtle hole and the guess road access.

Back