• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

What years your wrx? Mines a 2020 wrb :)

Today was my first time driving in any type of wintry weather and it felt very confidence inspiring.
I’ve got a 2020 as well! Blue Lapis. Handles pretty well in the snow, the AWD definitely helps! Of course, the AWD doesn’t help when braking, though! ?

It was nice seeing the flakes and quick light accumulations this morning. Oh what could have been. We wasted 34 mm (almost 1.5") of QPF at my house on mostly rain.
Happy for everyone who had a fun wintry day!

Thick band about to roll through the upstate. Fountain inn might get another half inch here. Gonna be some nice totals and will be put on some of their all time lists in the past 20 years especially. I had a good feeling this was going to bust to the high side and overperform. 84291471-760B-4FA8-A708-8F18029EF1A5.jpeg

The euro was way too aggressive with the warm front today.
Yeah, had us getting near 40, I think, which seems unlikely at this point. Barely above freezing now. You definitely did better than me in SW Durham, though. Those few miles seem to have yielded you a lot more front-end snow and delayed the changeover to RN by a bit.

Yeah, had us getting near 40, I think, which seems unlikely at this point. Barely above freezing now. You definitely did better than me in SW Durham, though. Those few miles seem to have yielded you a lot more front-end snow and delayed the changeover to RN by a bit.
We didn’t go full ZR until 1:45-2PM. Still sitting at 32 here as well.

If you ever buy a house in Durham County and want a good zip code for snow, 27712 is it!

Curious whether the backend band will make it to the ATL area. I wrote it off because they always fizzle on the transfer before they reach us but it’s still pretty robust on radar. ?
I ain't falling for lol. I've got a week of sleepless nights tracking the next storm coming up. Goodnight!

EDIT. Why'd you made me look?

34.3 UGH

Well that looks to be it for the most part, I’ll measure right before bed but should end up around 2in and .10 ice. Definitely not a bust for my area
No way. I’m squeezing the backside band until it slips through my fingers like desert sand. Just give me a quick 6-8” thump and I’ll be good. ?

5B3141CF-5C56-4BFE-A607-E3B66A7EB629.gif

Deform "ish" .....we could use a little dendrites in Crown Town to finish it off
This looks like another incoming over performer. CAMs had this drying up as it passed the SC/GA border, it’s picking up as it heads this way, Brad is sold on a heavy burst of snow as well 9345471C-DCF4-419A-9A8E-631654194705.png

Bands coming through the upstate now definitely look like an additional 1-2” is possible as it is much more robust than modeling has shown. Even behind that there could be a few more waves that is in north Georgia slide through along and north of 85

Back