• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Around 3" in Dahlonega.
c244a14eb4a43a94312a3e9fe492c5b1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

No snowcream today. Only Slush Puppies. I went out to clear off the deck and front porch. Measured between 3.5 and 4 inches every time. I'm calling it 3.75" of snow/sleet accumulation. No freezing rain yet, and it doesn't look like we are going above freezing like all the models had. The hrrr is finally backed off of that. Pretty incredible that the ice accrual projections were all wrong and sleet saved the day. I imagine we will get a little freezing drizzle as things wind down and maybe a flurry for the finale, but I'm so relieved that we avoided the huge ice storm. The extreme wind gusts were brutal, but they are starting to die down now too. Huge bullet dodged!

Sound about right for our backyard, @NCSNOW ?
Yes Sir. I was most likely seeing drizzle about 20 mins ago. That was the only time it could have possibly frzng rained, but was so light. Dodged a big one staying all sleet as you said. Heckuva a sleet storm. Im ready for another round next weekend,fingers crossed.

Been fun y'all weenies.

While I didn't get the elusive big dog IMBY, I'm pleased with the outcome regardless. It was nice to see some actual snow for the first time in quite some time. And, it doesn't hurt to know that next weekend might be the ONE.

Congrats to all who scored their big dog, and to the rest, I'll see ya in next week's thread. Cuz ya know you can help it either :D

Well that’ll do it for my area aside from maybe a few snow flurries. Definitely under performed from morning forecasts of 1-2” and got the shaft with the dry slot. Grass is half covered but nothing on cars, rooftops, pine straw, and roads. Still was fun to track and exciting so see the snow.

Hopefully next week is the one for the I-20 corridor from BHM-ATL-CAE.

Back