• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Batch coming out of Georgia looks like a solid 1 or 2 more hours of snow as it pivoted through again
I'm not confident those bands will verify here in all honesty. I feel like we are just about done here in the upstate. It is lightly flurrying here in Simpsonville. Feels like the end.

Wonder how many inches of snow it would of been if it didnt melt in Walton county, its been snowing non stop pretty good for about 4 hours
I live out by Mount Vernon and drove into Monroe, GA earlier to get some food. It was crazy the difference 5 miles made. I have a good dusting to maybe 1/2 inch at my house and hardly anything was sticking inside Monroe city limits. But yeah a lot was wasted bc it's been snowing for almost 5 hours straight now...

NOT complaining though bc we were set up for a major ice event with power outages. Knock on wood, I haven't even seen much wind at all today...

Would have easily had 3" here without marginal temps. I should have scraped an elevated surface in the shade to measure properly, but I'm going to go conservative and call it at 1.5" with over 1" on the ground.

1642365039704.png

We just took a drive for the past hour or so. Nothing at my house despite snowing all day. The temp dropped down to 32 just north of Acworth with a good coating near Mars Hill. Drove down through north paulding and found about an inch at Burnt Hickory on 61. Came back home and there was a dusting within 1/2 mile from my house. Just a few white spots now showing up here at 33.

Just drove to the store. Main roads are mostly fine but secondary roads are knarly at this point. Very slushy. Fun, though, haha. WRX handling nicely.
What years your wrx? Mines a 2020 wrb :)

Today was my first time driving in any type of wintry weather and it felt very confidence inspiring.

I'm not sure what my official total is. I usually just use my glass table on the back deck instead of a snow board in the middle of the yard. This time I didn't account for the light powder of a 25 degree snow and 35-40 mph wind gusts. There was snow blowing everywhere. Anyway there is 6 inches on the glass table and 6.8 on the deck surface. I'm willing to bet that's too high where snow blowed off the roof and the table top down there. Also the table is probably too low where the wind was probably taking the top off of it. Boy I butchered this measurement lol maybe I'll just split the difference and call it 6.4 for my records.

Back