• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Pingers. I got 5+ so in my book we won. Warm noses normally over perform but this time we held all snow for longer than I thought.
Yeah easily 5-5.5 inches here. Slightly overperformed. Will definitely take it. Maybe backside will drop an extra inch on sleet.

Drove 5 miles down to the inlaws in Acworth and they’ve got close to 1/2”. They are two degrees colder than Emerson.

This is another storm where the elevation has mattered locally. I've been anywhere from 32.2-32.5 since 10 this morning. I have over an inch on the ground now, but I've probably had over 1.5-2", but with marginal temps and crap rates up until around 1:30 when it got much better.

Slower climb than forecasted. Still 32.7 at my location. Just took the broom to some of the taller shrubs to remove the ice doubling them over.

We have some better bands incoming soon it looks like. The sun will be less of a factor as we go on.

This storm could have been epic if last night we were just a couple of degrees cooler. But what's new in these parts?
Yeah….always the “ragged edge”. I was fearful of it wrapping up soon but if we can get some really heavy bands later this evening that might bring us to glory….an inch or 2 a way?

Back