• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

We have about 3" of mostly sleet and some snow hear in Ramseur NC. Just in front of my house this ditch always claims several vehicles when icy like this. Kids and I just had a blast sledding.

Temp up to 31. No freezing rain so far and with the temp where it is, I think I'm fine unless the wind whips too hard.20220116_134112.jpg

Drove 5 miles down to the inlaws in Acworth and they’ve got close to 1/2”. They are two degrees colder than Emerson.

Mood flakes won’t cut it for Atl metro. With these temps we (many but maybe not you guys on N side of town) need sustained bands otherwise it’s rip 5 min melt 10. Lotta good of and “almost” wedge temps wasted?
We have some better bands incoming soon it looks like. The sun will be less of a factor as we go on.

This storm could have been epic if last night we were just a couple of degrees cooler. But what's new in these parts?

We have some better bands incoming soon it looks like. The sun will be less of a factor as we go on.

This storm could have been epic if last night we were just a couple of degrees cooler. But what's new in these parts?
Please update your location so we know where your reports are coming from.

In West Paulding looks like we are coming to the end in a few more hours... Around 2 inches is what I measured in yard. Considering we had about 1/2 inch by noon and then heavy snow over past 2 hours put us near 2 not to shabby

I was curious about your location because it has moved this way. Officially I've had 1.5", but my current depth is only an inch. I hope to get 2" on the ground before this is over.

Can now confirm a sleet/snow mix in Roanoke. Snow still coming down good though. We will see how long the mix will last

Back