• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

36 and back to dry as a bone in West Etowah. It was nice seeing some snow showers earlier tho.

Congrats to all those who got some snow!!

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk
I wonder why that is? I’ve been watching the radar and it seems like we have a shield around us. I’m so disappointed, I was just sure we would get some snow out of this one!

It remains a sleet fest in Randleman,NC. 29 degrees. Starting to think we may avoid the worst of the icing?? Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you are right. We’ve had so much of our precip fall as snow and sleet, there can’t be that much left. The winds are ripping though so we still might lose power.

671c2f063bdac224e356d2db531e2af0.jpg

Please tell me this holds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like KRDU is up to 33F as of 2 pm. We might be above freezing here, though I’m a good 15 miles WNW of KRDU, so we might hold on a little while longer. Going to be hard to tell since we’ve already gone over to ZR, and RN and ZR are hard to differentiate, haha. GSO is still at 22F, I wish I was there lol.

Think it's winding down here north of Easley, SC. In a lull right now, and radar looks like we might get a few more light snow showers over the next few hours, but currently have 6.5-7 inches (average of many measured spots gave me 6 and 3/4). Temp is 27.7, winds have died down to single digits. Max gust so far today is 32.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Back