• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Was about to post that the snow had all but stopped here for the past hour, just a few flurries and small flakes. It's started coming down again with good-sized flakes in the last two minutes. Still sitting at 31 degrees.

--30--

Sleetfest continues here ten miles north of Greensboro. Everything should wrap up here around 6:00 PM EST. Currently 20.5/18.1. RAH’s point forecast calls for freezing rain, but I’ve been all sleet thankfully.

I brought my elderly parents from their house to ours in case they lost power. My back might not be able to hold out much longer getting him up out of his chair. :)
Yeah, I haven’t even seen any freezing rain here all the way 50 miles east of you in Durham yet, though I suspect it’ll changeover soon. You should be good even longer.

You can see the rotation of ULL I believe on Radarscope reflective... Northern AL and TN you can see the precip moving SW and south of I20 you can see it moving ever so slightly NE

Can we get a report from the north Georgia mountains? Preferably over near toccoa and northward
Was around 32 @ tallulah gorge .

Ice would build then thaw.. had about 4-5 inches. Wind wasn't as bad

Was really touch and go if the temp was below 32.. Gainesville seemed worse 20mins ago the drive was slippery compared to this am

Finally made it to 32/29 in Jasper… was sitting around 35/33 much of morning. Maybe we will see some accumulation here.

We lost our power about 6:30am due to a tree down on a power line just outside our neighborhood. It was definitely very windy here, I saw we had a NWS verified 45mph wind gust nearby. We finally got power back about 45 minutes ago, thankfully. It’s been snowing pretty heavily, off and on, all morning, though nothing is sticking much. Looks pretty icy/slushy on the driveway. We aren’t going anywhere today, for sure!

Attachments

• F22C43B3-1A5A-4D94-9C56-B5736FCE02E4.jpeg
    F22C43B3-1A5A-4D94-9C56-B5736FCE02E4.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 29
  • F3B95AFE-94E2-4CCE-8CB5-6FE80F90088A.jpeg
    F3B95AFE-94E2-4CCE-8CB5-6FE80F90088A.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 29
Back