• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Man this is some of the heaviest sleet I’ve experienced since the Thundersleet storm in Concord back in February 1996. It’s hard to measure because there was some ZR earlier that glazed over the dusting sleet/snow we started with, but it appears I’ve gotten just over a half inch of sleet in the couple hours. Temperature still holding at 26… dewpoint 25

kItt0Rm_d.webp

Man this is some of the heaviest sleet I’ve experienced since the Thundersleet storm in Concord back in February 1996. It’s hard to measure because there was some ZR earlier that glazed over the dusting sleet/snow we started with, but it appears I’ve gotten just over a half inch of sleet in the couple hours. Temperature still holding at 26… dewpoint 25
Hoping we can stay out of the freezing rain. This sleet is awesome.

Light Snow Here in Sylacauga. Mt. Cheaha is closed but I am still going to ride the dirt roads up there. Chasing I shall Go...

Light snow now, it’s been on and off for a few hours now. Mainly sticking on hard surface. Got maybe one more round to go, hope most of you can score with this storm. As this storm exit my focus now is on the weekend threat.

I gotta say that yesterday the Storm Radar app I have on my phone said the rain would transition to snow at 10:00 AM on Sunday, and it was dead on. In less than 10 mins my roof is already white.

Back