• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Latest HRRR.
hrrr_asnow_seus_18.png

From what I am reading above it really looks the NAM's sucked balls on predicting where snow would fall...

GSP has 4-5"? CLT has 3"?

View attachment 106639
The NAM has always had trouble identifying the effects of dynamic cooling in these strong FGEN forcing bands… it doesn’t pick up on it until the event is really close in. This is something the HRRR does a great job of picking up on… even when it’s outside of its best range

Awfull quite last 10 mins. Frzng rain now taking over. Loosing the cold cloud tops, see water vapor, so expect freezing drizzle, light rain to take over now. Windchill is 4 in Gboro

Check. Its all sleet still

It's 28.2 degrees here and the sleet is now mixing with freezing rain at my location. There is a light accumulation on grassy and exposed surfaces and the driveway and sidewalk is quite crunchy and slippery. I almost fell down walking to the storage shed a few minutes ago to get some five gallon buckets to draw up some water in case the power goes out since we are not on city water at my house. Now it's time to rub that rabbit's foot and cross those fingers and toes and hope there are no power issues although I feel better about that seeing the latest trends.

Back