• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

This dry slot is real though. And with all the mixing in Mississippi, what’s to keep that from not being an issue here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our temps here are colder. Most spots are in the mid-upper 30s out west towards MS and AL. Just need that cold air behind ULL to filter in and get rid of this warm nose.

ULL is definitely moving due east. Precip is not pivoting based on the radar. I think chances are increasing for another burst of a couple hours of snow on the back end for folks along and west of 77

More cold air here as a result of the wedge....as soon as 850 drop below zero, we will get snow here....all models have been consistent with that. The problem with parts of AL/MS is that it's not cold enough closer to the surface.
Well the good news is the 850 temps are crashing to our west 0 C line is right on the AL/GA border.

Attachments

• B237E4DD-D030-4D39-BB3D-8E20EB7A0D3A.jpeg
    B237E4DD-D030-4D39-BB3D-8E20EB7A0D3A.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 92
More cold air here as a result of the wedge....as soon as 850 drop below zero, we will get snow here....all models have been consistent with that. The problem with parts of AL/MS is that it's not cold enough closer to the surface.

Ok so just a question of qpf at this point and the dreaded dry slot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zero snow or other frozen precip in Athens GA. Currently 34 degrees with dewpoint still at 32. Strong gusts outside right now. We are projected to get 1" wraparound later today.

Well after going to mostly ZR for about 30 minutes earlier, it’s been back to pretty much all sleet for the last hour or so and it’s really getting heavy. We did get a light glaze on the trees, but now the ground is really starting to whiten up from the sleet. Hopefully we can keep this mainly sleet as the heaviest moisture moves through

Temp-26
DP- 24

Back