• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Dodging the ZR bullet in most of ATL metro it appears.

984041af3e8946c530a7897f813a641b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sir. Best rates of the day. Beautiful. I’m hoping we can keep this for a couple of hours before transitioning to sleet. I’m guessing we could get a solid inch of sleet as well. Every .1” of precip that falls as snow and sleet will be that much less freezing rain. With the winds, it’s not looking good for keeping power regardless. Glad to hear they have so many crews on standby.

I’m suspicious of the modeling that has us getting above freezing. What do you think?
I doubt we get to 32, espacilly during precip. Models always try to erode the CAD to fast. This one is locked. That was intense for 20 mins. Ill take the 50/50 snow sleet ratio , but sleet will win the day here soon. Nervous cary poster is already frzng rn. Serious waa up above with that ull. Glad the grounds white outside. We need those rates from 1st week Jan event with todays surface temps. Maybe next weekend is the one.

All sleet here now. The ice storm is begining. Saw north Asheville report of sleet mixing in a while ago

Back