• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Damn, so no real snow reports at the moment in the Atlanta area even in the far northeast areas. HRRR definitely busted with the frontend stuff....thank goodness we have the backend to look forward to.

No it’s snowing in. Dahlonega, Cornelia and Demorest. Well ahead of HRRR forecast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, so no real snow reports at the moment in the Atlanta area even in the far northeast areas. HRRR definitely busted with the frontend stuff....thank goodness we have the backend to look forward to.
Been snowing here in Dahlonega for about an hour. Right on queue. Temp is 32.9

Based on radar and obs, GSP gonna get 6-10” at the airport! CJ gonna look like a jackass! Even NWSGSP upped the totals from 1-2” to 1-4” at their 10pm update!
Man I’ll be honest I saw nothing from the meso models today that said “lower the totals”. Head scratcher for sure. Especially when rain is a non factor. Everything I’ve seen spells a significant event well south of I85.

Back