• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Damn, so no real snow reports at the moment in the Atlanta area even in the far northeast areas. HRRR definitely busted with the frontend stuff....thank goodness we have the backend to look forward to.
Pretty sure we still have a bit of time before HRRR was showing a real changeover. It was more around 2-3am all day

Damn, so no real snow reports at the moment in the Atlanta area even in the far northeast areas. HRRR definitely busted with the frontend stuff....thank goodness we have the backend to look forward to.
The moisture is just starting to pick up and infiltrate the atmosphere up here and drop Temps rapidly. Seeing some mix here but still mostly rain. Hearing less rain though over time. 35.4

Ever since I was a child I wanted to be a meteorologist but the cost of out of state school kept me from being able to get that degree when I begin college in 2015. Been on the message boards and started tracking these storms since the Christmas 2010 storm and I can tell you that 12 years later, it’s just as much fun now as it was for the first one in 8th grade. Regardless of what we all get, it’s been a pleasure tracking this one with you all. Love forward to many more and let the snow begin!

Not hardly HRRR/RAP didn't really depict the Northern Metro counties feeling this until 2-5 AM roughly and reports already filtering in from NE of sleet and snow reports

Back