• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Looking at the Radar returns on Rader in NE GA and what HRRR is spitting out for 0 hour on current run you can tell HRRR is slightly warmer then reality and that seems to be a good thing because HRRR still brings hammer as night goes on if it's off by a few degrees stretching to SW goodness

Heavy precip heading for NE GA.... its about to be pound town there in the next hour.
Based off where things look now and what the hrrr had been showing, I bet within the next 30-90 minutes things start getting interesting north of ATL. Could happen quickly too.

Time to hit the sack. My go time is around 5:30 or 6. Set my alarm for then. Hopefully nothing big changes from the time I go to sleep lol. Cause it's been a pretty fluid situation

37.6F/36.5

I can’t see anything other than probably rain, but we need some drier air or some colder air aloft to come down to push these temps down further. Current wet bulb is 37.0F

Dallas Ga 37 with a 37 dew point need to get my Dew point down another 3-4 degrees and will be golden

Back