• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Still 41 on Kimball Bridge near Northpoint. We drove to visit some friends in town and it was 43 there. Not as impressive drop as I was expecting. I guess we shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m down to 39 now as well. I’m a little more North into Milton near the Cherokee border.

Now that the precip shield looks very healthy, I suspect even more that much of ATL area is going to get a decent amount of sleet in the mix based on 850s of +1 to +2 followed probably by ZR. @jrips27 @CamWX and others reporting mangled snow flakes is confirming cold 850s likely not far from 0C. Let’s see what happens, especially later when the wedging sets in more.

Still 41 on Kimball Bridge near Northpoint. We drove to visit some friends in town and it was 43 there. Not as impressive drop as I was expecting. I guess we shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm around 38.8 or so here in Northern Rockdale County(close to Rockdale/Walton Co border).

Back