• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

That’s beauty right there for Atl Metro North and East!!! and the rest of most of SE. How reliable is this model re accum totals in this range?

Love that wrf, whew if only.

Allright who's in Seneca or spitting distance to the west. Check your floodlights. You should be 1st outside mtns any moment now per radar

From Meteorologist Chris Lisauckis in Huntsville
Good Evening, after reviewing the latest computer model data and applying various meteorological techniques, I see no reason to change the forecast much from earlier. The Tennessee Valley Region of northern Alabama and southern middle Tennessee will be located in an ideal location for very heavy snow between 9am and 3pm Sunday. Whiteout conditions are likely at times over the area and travel problems will likely develop throughout the morning hours. An experimental snow forecasting index I am developing indicates 2-3" per hour snowfall rates are possible, and thundersnow. A fair amount of this snow will likely melt because of above freezing surface temperatures, however I still expect 5-7" across a large part of the area. Unfortunately, due to the difficulty of this forecast, it's not possible to predict locations where these totals are most likely at this time. The Tennessee Valley will be located in the left exit region of the high altitude jet stream portion of the storm system, which may allow temperatures to dynamically cool more than expected at the surface as heavy precipitation continues. Only a few degrees of surface temperature will separate us from getting 5-7" and 8-10" of snow. Things could change with the forecast. Please expect the unexpected.
Never heard of this guy, he at NWS or something?

Down to 40/39 and heavy rain in bluff park AL - elevation 900’ on shades Mtn 10 miles south of Bham steadily dropping. Heavy rain drops falling. Warm front is to the west but that circulation is broad looks like a lot of cold and dry air wrapping on Lee side. I think this has bust in a good way!

The last snowfall gave us at 900 feet 1.5 hours MORE snow than at 550 down in Hoover!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back