• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Would a Met please chime in and tell us whether these HRRR runs are plausible or not. The model is sticking to it's guns and has been really consistent on that front end thump.
Well, I honestly don't know the biases of the HRRR, but it is a high res model and I think it normally performs well. I would be cautious following its solutions exactly but the trends can't be ignored

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

@Arcc you have a nice heavy band of snow forecast for your neck of the woods by the HRRR tommorow morning, you better get your coffee ready and snow sled out ?.

HRRR still showing the changeover to rain here 2 hrs before the 3k NAM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snow depth 20hr 1-16-2022 HRRR.jpg

It looks like elevation is key for Alabama this time, you can see snow depth is greats to the mountains around Huntsville and NE Alabama as well as along the Cumberland plateau west to Franklin and Colbert counties at around 900+ feet in Elevation, and then as you drop in elevation towards the MS line and TN river it gives no accumulation.

View attachment 106291

It looks like elevation is key for Alabama this time, you can see snow depth is greats to the mountains around Huntsville and NE Alabama as well as along the Cumberland plateau west to Franklin and Colbert counties at around 900+ feet in Elevation, and then as you drop in elevation towards the MS line and TN river it gives no accumulation.
Which model run is that? It doesn't look like the latest HRRR runs or even 3km nam.

Back