• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

sn10_acc.us_se.png

21Z RAP. Overdone no doubt but trending up

I’d poop a brick if I got two inches out of this.

Another thing to remember is models spit out precip types based soundings. A lot of those soundings that are sleet are so close to snow soundings that it will be snow under heavy returns and this stuff is going to be dumping especially with FGEN forcing.
And that's why I can't understand why locals are downplaying totals. Some has went down from 4-8" to 1-3" I'm confused at what they are thinking

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Riding the RGEM to the grave. HRRRR looks very good as well. Transfer is going to be a killer no doubt but when isn’t it. View attachment 106235
Jimmy, we are getting hammered. I just cooked a big pot of spaghetti and am about to throw some French bread in the oven. Just popped a Pilsner and I’ll be sipping fine bourbon when little man goes to bed.

I’m shooting hard for double digits. Also extremely intrigued by what the models are showing back home. This system has some tricks up it’s sleeve

Again the HRRR is really dumping buckets of snow over central Alabama tommorow morning. Would not be shocked for a winter storm warning for portions of central Alabama. These trends are ridiculous. With these snow rates even if it's a degree or two above freezing. It's going to stick.View attachment 106228View attachment 106229
Still seeing P-type issues in areas without the heavy precipitation. Just a Mess since we don’t have a cold airmass in place (*cough cough next week*). Model is trying to resolve cooling, but is struggling. Could easily be all rain In areas shown in blue south of I-20.

Back