• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

WPC:
-- Ice accumulation will expand from northeast Georgia through the
interior Mid-Atlantic states on Sunday. The most damaging icing is
likely across the Piedmont of the Carolinas, including Charlotte,
NC and Greensboro, NC, which will result in dangerous travel,
power outages, and tree damage.

29/17, ENE winds @ 2mph, overcast… haven’t gotten above freezing all day but don’t expect any sort of winter weather tomorrow here. The east side of the CAD will erode very quickly as the low moves closer and maritime air flows in.

A lot of people live in Winston-Salem and Greensboro but their local Mets have not been showing the ice threat much for those cities. I wish Moderate Risks and WPC in general were used more on TV versus showing the public the gfs snow map.

A lot of people live in Winston-Salem and Greensboro but their local Mets have not been showing the ice threat much for those cities. I wish Moderate Risks and WPC in general were used more on TV versus showing the public the gfs snow map.
You’ve made your position clear on this. You need to chill out and post much less often in this thread. We get it.

HRRR and The 3k NAM are definitely trending colder just as NWS gsp lowers snow totals and raises ice. Think they may have made a mistake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either that or there not considering those models. It is interesting though I think I’d go with at least 2-3 inches north of 85

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sn10_acc.us_se.png

That snow hole is exactly where I live NW of ATL LOL

View attachment 106115

We now have (Winter related) Warnings and Advisories in every state in the South, except TX and FL. (Even LA snuck in a few counties in the NE corner.)

Good luck everyone!
Dang, every county in West Virginia is under a Winter Storm Warning. Impressive!!!

Back