• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

53aa2f27ffc3eb6d5cda0b22880e1a8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if I can tell this right, for my area and those around me, it will be all snow at the start aside from maybe a short drizzle as the rates pick up. Goes to sleet or zr right as the dry slot moves in. As the precip moves back in, we'll go to Sleet then areas outside of the deeper wedge will go to ZR. As the low passes through ATL or south of it, we'll see a rapid changeover to snow with a band that will see some high rates. Where that sets up is unclear but for those who want to see accumulating snow outside the CAD area, that's your best bet. As soon as that low transfers however it'll dry up fast and the storm will be over.

So if I can tell this right, for my area and those around me, it will be all snow at the start aside from maybe a short drizzle as the rates pick up. Goes to sleet or zr right as the dry slot moves in. As the precip moves back in, we'll go to Sleet then areas outside of the deeper wedge will go to ZR. As the low passes through ATL or south of it, we'll see a rapid changeover to snow with a band that will see some high rates. Where that sets up is unclear but for those who want to see accumulating snow outside the CAD area, that's your best bet. As soon as that low transfers however it'll dry up fast and the storm will be over.

I hate to think about the 'jump' when the transfer happens. It's gotten me several times where I've had snow to my West and East with barely anything here because it takes place right as the changeover begins. That's why I'm hugging the HRRR. If the NAM plays out I expect that transfer to effect North & mainly East of Atlanta where the West side may actually luck out. Models aren't really showing it but that's my experience. I do not want to have to count on back-end snow.

Back