• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

28/26, cloudy here currently.
Same here 28/26 in the South Mountains on HWY 64. I'm wondering if the mtns directly behind my house will slow the warm nose down a bit. Idk there definitely some micro climates down this way. This is my first storm at our new home here so will be interesting for sure. I have a gravel road beside my house Rooper Hollow that rides the ridge line gonna ride up in the morning see what 2900 ft is doing.

7am Sunday morning. Almost go time. Good luck to everyone. Just remember everyone may not be getting exactly what they wanted but this is going to be one a lot of us look back at in the years to come and long for again. Now let’s get it!
View attachment 105876
Be carefully buddy if you need me Hollar I know the area well.

It's a tall order to get the ULL track much different than what is modeled. That said, getting the CAD to overperform is doable. For our areas, that is our best hope IMHO with ZR being the main show.

We'll have two chances for some snow. The HRRR is really close to a burst with the FGEN band here and almost to you. The second chance will come on the backside of the ULL and 850Mb lows passage. To me, that is a lower chance scenario since we both know how that works out here. But nevertheless, strange things can happen with such powerful ULLs so I'm trying to keep expectations low but optimistic for a huge surprise.
Same here. I’m likely moving as Rivian is going to sit at my back yard……times like this make that idea more palatable…….don’t know if you recall the guy from talkweather who moved to N Maine years ago bc he was so sick of shafts and near misses……that may be me soon?. I think he still checks in to troll the SE/MA weenies over on American?

Same here. I’m likely moving as Rivian is going to sit at my back yard……times like this make that idea more palatable…….don’t know if you recall the guy from talkweather who moved to N Maine years ago bc he was so sick of shafts and near misses……that may be me soon?. I think he still checks in to troll the SE/MA weenies over on American?
I moved from Social Circle 20 years ago thinking that an extra 10 miles north might help one day...not. Sadly, when we bought this house, it was down to this one and another in Habersham. The wife won that round.

38.3 with a light ene wind currently. Forecast high of 51. Let's see if we can top out below 45!

Nice, I’m sold in a heavy burst of snow for a hour or 2 around Charlotte and points N/NWView attachment 105881View attachment 105882
Yeah even where it’s showing that sleet south and southeast of Charlotte, the soundings are supportive of snow…borderline, I gotta that if the rates are what they typically are in a band like this it would at the very least be a snow/sleet mix

Back