• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

The observations up in northeast look good as well. High moving into a great spot, and temperatures in the big cities down in the lower teens with dewpoints near zero and below… exactly what you expect to see while a deep CAD is setting up for south into SC and southwest into GA

The HRRR is a good model at this range I think. I can't imagine only getting 2 inches if it's right. But at this range I stick with the NWS and look at surface obs. They had me 4-8 in Dec 2018 and I got 6. Those guys know what they're doing. If they start raising totals today I'll bite. But for now the HRRR is just eye candy.

The HRRR is a good model at this range I think. I can't imagine only getting 2 inches if it's right. But at this range I stick with the NWS and look at surface obs. They had me 4-8 in Dec 2018 and I got 6. Those guys know what they're doing. If they start raising totals today I'll bite. But for now the HRRR is just eye candy.
I think they’re overdoing the ICE around here. Other then maybe a couple hours of light freezing rain, I HIGHLY doubt we get the 0.25-0.5” they’re forecasting. All the sounding support snow to sleet to light freezing rain for a couple of hours to snow again.

Yeah. And some of those models showing sustained at 20-25 mph with higher gust as we approach go-time is something else.

My high is forecasted to reach 50 today. I doubt it, seriously.
I am still holding onto Hope that the ULL won’t cut the wedge and stays on a more E course across Ga….someone was asking about analogs. Does Gawx (Larry) or any of our other local historians have any data on that scenario???

Back