• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

I like your chances, Greg, and, I love to be visiting Rosie about now, lol. She and NeGA are in the sweet spot.
With some of these runs it makes me wonder. Usually NE GA does pretty well but most storms end up mixing for a while at some point. I just we can get a good winter storm for a lot of us. It makes me nervous to be in the sweet spot this far out

With some of these runs it makes me wonder. Usually NE GA does pretty well but most storms end up mixing for a while at some point. I just we can get a good winter storm for a lot of us. It makes me nervous to be in the sweet spot this far out
It's why I like a good no nonsense gulf low crossing Fla with cold air ahead of it, lol. Get's most everyone from Texas on to New England :) This one has sure changed a lot in a short amount of time. But cad is always under appreciated, and with good high pressure support thru out, can really outperform. Doing the whammy fingers for us all, lol.

Kuchera is most likely more accurate for northern areas of this storm where as 10:1 would be for the southern areas where temperature is not as cold at the sfc.
Kuchera will generally be more accurate everywhere. The southern areas will probably be in the 6:1 to 8:1 range.

euro ...side note: wow, this place is quiet considering what may happen this weekend...what gives?
1642377600-vQTjmJgvhk8.png

euro ...side note: wow, this place is quiet considering what may happen this weekend...what gives?
1642377600-vQTjmJgvhk8.png
I kept refreshing to see everyone’s excitement and you’re right; crickets in here. I like how consistent it’s continued to include our area even through the hesitation of our NWS in Huntsville up to this point. Looking forward to thet WSW popping in the morning ?

I'm modeled at 8-10 inches across the 0z suite except the Canadian which is 6 inches. If I can get 5 I'll take it to the bank. I had 8.75 in the last two events. Be nice to break into the teens on snowfall with a period of 10-15 days of more chances coming down the pike.

Back