• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

For some of you more seasoned hobbyist/meteorologist on this board that understand the finer details of this system. Do we have a chance around the Mid-South to see any thundersnow as this system is coming through?

Larry, I'm actually holding more hope for a week out, and that band of sleet at the northen edge of the precip shield. That seems a very likely kind of set up...if it happens, lol. I'll take whatever this present storm dishes out, as I don't think the zr down here would be particularly heavy, the way things presently look. But if the cad stays reinforced such that it makes it down here in force, then things would change. Can it make it past the I 20 terror wall, beyond which monsters be? That sleet band a week out is another matter, if it happens like that...and Goofy has had it for several runs now. Everything is so iffy/on the edge down here, but suppressed with cold in place has often worked for me down here....and clipper/hybred whatis not so much....not like when I was in Atl, at any rate. What's your call for Sav?

For SAV in a week? My abacus isn’t nearly powerful enough to even try to guess. The default is nothing due to climo but to also be hopeful because that’s the type of thing that can once in a blue moon do something.

I’m not giving up on the idea that there could be sizable sleet in much of ATL, especially north burbs. 850s are warning me that. What are the moles telling you? ?

I’m torn for the City of ATL……. On one hand I think they see some wintry, but I just don’t really know how much the wedge really gets in there.

The north end of town, Buckhead and points north are often quite a bit colder than downtown. I think they have a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back