• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Hey 00z hrrr comes out tonight and it's doing this I think I'll start putting some stock in it. I need a little hope when it comes to snow. Hot cup of java and watching the snow fall
The Hrrr was pretty good for some parts of Alabama on that ULL a few weeks back but it sorta burnt West Georgia areas so hard to gauge

HRR looks as good as anything has to get the NC/SC border counties all the way to wilm in the snow.
Would be nice if that triple low placement we see was the two to the left giving up/transfereing to the one on the Georgia Coast. Then the one on the Georgia coast to ride up the wall of the Gulf Stream like Stormsfurry was discussing, instead of plowing due north.

GSP just updated there forcast grids check your local page out got me at a max of 14in. Wow.

There’s certainly a argument that Charlotte and points north could have 1-3 hours of heavy FGEN induced snow, it’s possible, typically it rips under those bands

It didn't seem like the high res Nam was far from that scenario either. CLT north seemed to have a few hours of decent snow. HRRR kind of taking that and rolling with it longer I believe. Still 48 hours to go, so still going to hope that's the trend. Tick SE, tick colder, tick less warm nose and see what happens.

From a meteorologist in Huntsville who's pretty good at these
270419461_720688655513245_8742824643504709756_n.jpg

Back